November 22, 2016 - The busy Thanksgiving holiday travel period is underway at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport as families are reunited for the holiday or take the time to go on vacation.
Passengers are reminded of the following security protocols that are in effect at the Airport. If you will be traveling during this busy period, these suggestions may improve your travel experience:
• Arrive at least 2 hours prior to your departure time.
• Boarding passes & government issued IDs are required at the security checkpoint.
• Most domestic air travelers can avoid ticket counter lines by checking in with their airlines through the airlines’ websites before coming to the airport.
• Review your airlines baggage policy. Make sure baggage complies with the airlines’ size and weight limitations so there are no surprises with airline baggage fees.
• Carry-on baggage is limited to one (1) bag plus one (1) personal item such as a small purse, briefcase or laptop computer.
• Passengers should prepare for security screening and remember the TSA’s 3-1-1 rule: containers must be 3 ounces or less and be in a 1-quart clear plastic zipper-locking bag, with only one bag per passenger, which must be put in a screening bin. Also remember not to wrap gifts that will be carried through the checkpoint. It’s a good idea to check the TSA website at www.tsa.gov for the latest information.
• No knives, scissors, blades or sharp objects are permitted beyond security. If you are unsure of an item, please place it in your checked baggage.
• Passengers should pack their patience – and be prepared. Anticipate the possibility of delays by stashing a book, any medicines that may be needed, extra diapers, food and small toys and games for babies and children in carry-on bags. Also be sure mobile devices are fully charged.
The combined parking capacity at the Airport is over 5,800 spaces. Daily rates for the airport operated lots are Credit Card Lot $11; Long Term $15; Short Term $18.50. All spaces are on a first come, first served basis and not all options may be available at all times. The Airport anticipates all parking reaching capacity and encourages guests to use alternate forms of transportation to and from the airport. You can find more information on parking at http://www.flymsy.com/parking.
Law enforcement will be placing traffic controls in effect as vehicle traffic builds. Please comply with all law enforcement traffic controls set up to ease the congestion. Circling the roadway system is discouraged due to heavy roadway congestion.