Lost & Found
The Customer Service Department retains items that have been lost in the public areas of the terminal (with the exception of the concourse checkpoints which is operated by the Transportation Security Administration or TSA). To contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Lost and Found, either e-mail to [email protected] or call (504) 463-2252.
Items left in the Rental Car Facility and on the Rental Car Shuttle are brought to the Rental Car Facility Lost and Found. Call 615-571-0978 for assistance. If an item is left in a rental car, please contact your rental car agency.
The Customer Service Office is located on Level 1 Baggage Claim near Door 6 (door to Short Term Parking Garage). Lost and Found is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Contact them at (504) 303-7790 during office hours or AVCOM at (504) 303-7700 for assistance after hours.
Items that have been turned in to Lost and Found are kept for 60 days. The Airport is not responsible for charges incurred by shipping lost items to the rightful owner.
Exceptions to the 60 day retention period:
- Items that are knowingly abandoned by a passenger will be logged in to the system and then donated to a charitable organization after 24 hours.
- ID’s and/or Driver’s Licenses will be mailed to the address on the ID after 7 days.
- Credit or debit cards will be destroyed after 24 hours.
- Military ID’s will be mailed to the US Armed Forces after 7 days.
- Passports and/or global entry cards will be turned over to US Customs after 7 days.
- Social Security Cards will be mailed to the Social Security Department after 7 days.
- Any food items will be disposed of immediately.
- Items that have a foul odor will be disposed of after 24 hours.
Airport Lost & Found
1 Terminal Drive
Kenner, LA 70062
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is open 24 hours daily, including holidays.
Administrative office hours: 8 AM to 5 PM (M-F)
Parking & Directions
Getting Around MSY
Working at MSY