The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is currently issuing 2022-2023 Airport Taxi Use Decal to taxicabs with valid CPNCs from the City of New Orleans, Kenner, Jefferson Parish, and St. Charles Parish. The following eligibility requirements must be met as set forth by the City of New Orleans and the New Orleans Aviation Board.
- 162-58 Prohibited Vehicles
- 162-245 Law Enforcement to Check Applicant’s Record
- 162-380 Criteria and regulation of inspection standards
- 162-611 Number of passengers per vehicle
- 162-613 Maximum Age of Taxicabs
- 162-657 Taximeter required; location
- 162-659 Credit/Debit Card Acceptance Machines
- 162-660 Security Systems
- 162-661 Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
Complete the required forms listed below.
Complete the Taxi Badge Application Packet which includes the following forms:
- Taxi Identification Badge Permit Application
- Procedures and Responsibilities Agreement
- Sensitive Security Information – Privacy Act Notice
Complete Airport Taxi Decal Application to the Landside Operations Department with copies of the following required documents:
- Taxi permit from licensing jurisdiction
- Driver’s license
- CPNC renewal
- Vehicle inspection report from the approved independent inspection location at Tropical Brake Tag Station, 3013 David Dr, Metairie, LA 70003, (504) 885-2969 or Orleans inspection station. ($50 fee paid to Inspector)
- Vehicle registration
- Insurance certificate (must include driver’s name, vehicle information & VIN)
- Line letter (stamped by taxi company)
- Taxi Line/Company Responsibility Form (if line driver must be stamped by taxi company)
Bring the following to the Landside Operations Department:
- Completed applications
- Two forms of government issued identification
- Current valid taxi driver permit issued by your jurisdiction
- $45 money order made payable to New Orleans Aviation Board
After your application has been submitted, processed, and approved, the Landside Operations Department will schedule an appointment with you to take an ID Photo in the Airport’s Security Office.
To secure the decal, you must pay $200.00 by money order to New Orleans Aviation Board.
Money orders ONLY please make payable to New Orleans Aviation Board.
Airport Decal: $200.00
Change of Equipment/Replacement Decals: $50
Vehicle Inspection: $50 (Paid to Inspector)
Hours of Operation
Application Submittals – Tuesday; Wednesday, Thursday 9AM – 12PM and 2PM – 4PM
Changes of Equipment – By Appointment Only
Additional Forms and Rules:
1 Terminal Drive
Kenner, LA 70062
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is open 24 hours daily, including holidays.
Administrative office hours: 8 AM to 5 PM (M-F)
Parking & Directions
Getting Around MSY
Working at MSY