NEW ORLEANS — The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) will join 23 airports across North America for the JetStream Music Festival, an online celebration of local music. Hosted by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Austin, Texas, the free, multi-hour livestream will take place at 5 p.m. CST on May 6 on participating airports’ Facebook Live.
Each airport will feature a 10-minute set from a musician local to their city in support of the creative community during the COVID-19 crisis. Representing MSY will be musician Robin Barnes, known as the Songbird of New Orleans.
Each musician will have a virtual tip jar to which viewers can contribute during the stream. Austin’s Latin pop songstress, Gina Chavez, will perform and host the event.
The full lineup for the event will be as follows:
- Gina Chavez – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Don Hicks – Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Eddy Fabrizio Castellanos – Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- Jane Kramer – Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Chuck Courtenay – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Lauren Eylise – Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Kendal Conrad – Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Chill Moody – Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Julian Taylor – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Honey & Blue – John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- Big Blitz – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Key to Adam – Yeager Airport (CRW)
- Zuriel Merek – Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- John Hayes – Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- The Honey Vines – Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Robin Barnes – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Rhythm Kings – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Leah Leyva – Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Patrick Contreras – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Tyler F. Simmons – John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Jordan Richard – Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Nico Hueso – San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Tomo Nakayama – Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Airports across North America remain open for essential travel and vital cargo. Employees in these facilities are working around the clock on enhanced cleaning operations, continued airport maintenance and operations, security, and more. Airports are a critical component to the supply chain—including for medical supplies—and continue to provide services for those who must travel.
For more information—including how to tune in—click here.
The livestream will be brought to you by Streak Systems, a tech concierge focused on creating and maintaining technology systems in your home, work and live events.